Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Need someone to read Japanese

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kamitoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had Minji translate the korean parts of the saiyuki oav but there are still some japanese parts. I need someone who can spare the time to translate both kana and kanji and willing to receive anime cds as payment. Contact me to negotiate. Thanks.

    (It would be preferable and helpful if you have already watched the series.)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kamitoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please? Anyone? I have lots of anime. Even yaoi.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, but the "free time" is the killer for me... otherwise I'd love to take a commission and actually get semipaid for translating. ^^;; But Cain's been on my assignment list for over a year now, and there's a whole lot of it left, so I don't have time to sign myself up for another entire series...

    @_@ and there's something scratching inside my living room wall I need to go scare off... later... ^^;;

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OH...

    I got the impression from your first message that there was like a significant chunk of the entire series left to be translated!

    50 lines? That I can do! ^__^

    (...as I mentally kick myself for somehow yet AGAIN finding myself volunteering for something... ^^;;;; but yeah, are you ever on IRC? You could get the files to me that way or something...)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kamitoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not that long. Just about 50 lines and it's over.

    Anyways, hope you'd reconsider. Thanks for replying. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kamitoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whee! Thankees. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    It's just 500 MB. May I send it to your inbox? I'll also send you my list of anime.

    To give you an idea, here's about most of it:
    http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=524091

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    O_O

    500 MEG ?!?

    I hope that's off by a factor of at least 100... most mailboxes I know of won't even handle a 5 meg attachment.

    500 K I can get in the mail, provided the spammers haven't flooded me again. 500 meg, not a chance... that's an "IRC or FTP or nothing" proposition... check your PMs for an email address for me that will take a 5 meg attachment if necessary, because Hotmail definitely won't...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looked at the gallery...

    lots of names. The thing with Japanese names is that there are often dozens of equally valid ways to read the same kanji and there's no way to guarantee, without talking to the person or seeing his/her business card, which one is correct.

    I can do a reasonable amount of online hunting for things like the director and producer names based on IMDB and the likely sounds for that kanji, but things like individual animators' names I'm pretty much going to have to take plausible guesses...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •